Architect Cover Letter
Architects create designs for new buildings or help restoring old properties. They may be required to design surrounding spaces as well, while making sure their concepts are economical, safe, and functional. Examples of Architect duties include discussing requirements with clients, collaborating with other relevant professionals, delivering feasibility reports, determining impact on environment, making sure deadlines are being met, indicating required materials, and preparing tender documents.
A well-written sample cover letter for Architect focuses on the following qualifications:
- Creativity and artistic talent
- Excellent drawing skills
- Knowledge of relevant design software
- Analytical thinking and problem-solving orientation
- Teamworking abilities
- Knowledge of construction processes
- Project management expertise
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
Beneath is available an example cover letter for Architect showcasing similar abilities.
For help with your resume, check out our extensive Architect Resume Samples.
Dear Mr. Wilson:
Upon reviewing your posting for an experienced Architect, I felt compelled to submit my resume for your consideration. With my professional experience and advanced education in architecture, along with my skills in team collaboration and project life cycle management, I am confident that I would significantly benefit your company.
With formidable expertise in the complexities of architecture and design—as well as my Master of Architecture degree—my background has prepared me to excel in this position. Additionally, my organizational, communication, and leadership abilities position me ready to thrive in this challenging role.
Highlights of my background include…
- Providing wide-ranging support as an Architectural Designer with KHW Consulting, Inc., overseeing architectural design projects by designing and developing floor plans, elevations, interior fit-out drawings, and building sections for commercial and residential projects.
- Participating in a collaborative team-oriented environment, leading peers to project success while also excelling within more independent roles.
- Demonstrating outstanding communication, organization, and project management talents while leveraging a keen eye for design and achieving technical proficiency across a variety of design / office programs.
- Earning a Master of Architecture degree from Primary Art Design University in 2005.
With my previous excellent experience, coupled with my acute design sense and my sharp attention to precision and detail, I believe I could swiftly surpass your expectations for this role at DreamTime Builders. I look forward to discussing the position in detail. Thank you for your consideration.
Sarah J. Gonzalez
Belle Design Firm
88 Blinder Street
New Cityland, CA 91010
RE: Architect, Ref# 2287631, 07/21/2014
Dear Ms. Wilson,
I am pleased to submit my resume for the Architect position with Belle Design Firm. Given my background in Architecture and experience in project management I feel I am in a great position to make a significant contribution on your team. Throughout my entire career, I have demonstrated consistent success applying aptitudes as a leader and pioneer to achieve high-reaching standards. Please consider the following highlights from my resume:
- 10+ years of experience, with a proven track record reviewing shop drawings, preparing clarification sketches, and coordinating with construction managers
- High comfort level in advising clients, specifically equity investors or construction lenders, on risks (design, quality, constructability, completion, schedule, and costs)
- When conducting site visits I am able to consistently avoid unnecessary costs by spotting general compliance issues with as-built conditions with the contract drawings and specifications
- To further acquaint you with the specifics of my background as an Architect I am enclosing my resume. I am well-versed in all of the intricacies and stakeholders of the real estate development and delivery process, and it is my goal to work with an organization that shares a my passion and approach to growth within the construction industry.
I would be pleased to speak with a member from your team to further explore how my background will make be a valuable addition to Belle Design Firm. Thank you for reviewing this letter and the attached document.