20 Intriguing Persuasive Essay Topics for 5th Graders
Understanding what makes a good persuasive essay
In order to come up with a good topic for a persuasive essay, it is important to think of a theme that has at least two different sides to it. Therefore, you can argue your point of view in an attempt to persuade the reader that your conclusion is the most valid.
Sometimes it can be good to go for a controversial topic; however, this is not always necessary. It is perfectly acceptable to go for a topic which you feel strongly about, even if it isn’t risqué. In fact, it does not even need to be a topic you feel strongly about, particularly as sometimes you may need to be arguing for the opposite side.
What is the difference between a persuasive and an argumentative essay?
If you are wondering what differences there are between a persuasive and an argumentative paper, then essentially there are none. They are both the same style of writing and the names are interchangeable; therefore, whether you are asked to write a persuasive or an argumentative paper, the approach is the same.
Twenty topics for a persuasive essay
The following is a list of titles that can produce good quality argumentative or persuasive papers:
- Should boys and girls play on the same teams at sport?
- Should schools allow students to bring pets in with them?
- Cats are better pets to own than dogs
- Should teachers use computer games to help with teaching in schools?
- Should computer games be seen as a form of sport?
- Should schools served deep-fried food and other unhealthy options for lunch?
- Should bullies be expelled from the educational system?
- Short hairstyles look better than longer cuts
- Is baseball not as appealing as it once was?
- Students should be rewarded for doing well.
- Should schools increase their revenue by selling sugary soda drinks and candy?
- Should cheerleading be considered a sport?
- Should school students be given less homework to do?
- Being skilful is more important than working hard.
- Should schools separate boys and girls in classes?
- Should schools allow students to snack whilst in class?
- Should schools begin morning classes later than they currently do?
- If students have to wear uniforms, should teachers also follow a similar dress code?
- Wearing school uniforms helps to improve the performance of students
- Should tablets and laptops be used instead of traditional school textbooks?
A List of 30 Best Narrative Essay Titles to Consider
When writing narrative essays, just like any other type of essay, the hardest part can be just getting started. What should you even write about? Well, to help with that, here are a few titles that might help you get started:
- The Day I Left My Childhood Behind: A Coming of Age Narrative
- How Sorrow Feels: My First Great Heartbreak
- Finding Love: How I Met My Soulmate
- How Change Can Be a Good Thing: How I Coped With My Big Move
- Learning What Death Is: The Death of Our Beloved Goldfish Bob-Bob When I Was a Child
- Finding Beauty In the Printed Word: How I Learned to Love Poetry
- My First Horror Movie: Why the Movie Pet Semetary Will Never Not be Terrifying
- Over-sheltering Your Children: Does it Help or Hurt?
- Grandma’s Told This Story About the Banana Bread 9000 Times: Learning to Have Patience With Your Elders
- Uncle George Was Super Gay: Learning To Accept and Love Your Family As They Are.
- A Moment Of Solitude: How I Learned The Importance Of Me Time
- Adventures Of An Introvert: Why You Shouldn’t Necessarily Drag Your Quiet Cousin Out Of Her Shell
- It Doesn’t Have To Be A Shirt: Why Any Sacrifice From Another Should Earn Your Respect
- The TV Isn’t Really Listening: A Look At Paranoia
- How Rock And Roll Changed My Life: The Power Of Music
- Conversations With An Old Friend: How And Why Old Ties Are Important
- Don’t Challenge The Goose: A Tale Of Terror At The City Park
- Let The Light In: Why Curtains Aren’t Always A Good Thing
- But It’s Just A Painting: A Story Of Sentimental Value
- Water Always Flows Downhill: A Story Of Inevitability
- Why Is She Holding All Those Rocks And Crying?: A Story About Timing And Context
- Why Xena Warrior Princess Is My Hero: Confessions Of A Former Shy Girl
- Flowers In Spring: A Tale Of Love And Allergies
- The Suicidal Cocker Spaniel: Why Animals Act The Way They Do
- The Trojan Horse: A Closer Look At Reverse Psychology
- 9 Times 9 Is A Lot Of 3s: How I Learned To Actually Love Math
- The Sounds In The Chimney: How I Found Out That I Had Barn Swallows As Roommates
- Give Them A Basket: Why Fruit Solves Everything
- The Toy Soldier: Why Sentimental Value Is Important
- That Pie Wasn’t For You: A Missive On The Importance Of Sharing
When writing a narrative essay, sometimes once you have the idea for a title, you are ready to go! Consider this list of 30 best narrative essay titles and you may well be on your way.