Human rights extended essay gives students the chance to make in in-depth study of limited topic. Students need to study their topic carefully before they start to write. When it comes to their research, the outcome should be coherent addressing a certain issue answering their research question.
Feel free to check this literature extended essay writing tips for better result!
Extended Essay Human Rights Tips in Writing
Choice of topic: Human rights are relevant to human activity, which involve treatment of individuals or groups, access to service and use of technologies and resources. There are numerous topics that suitable for human rights essay. In choosing, it is essential that students that it should encourage evaluation and analysis rather than unsupported or description value judgment. It is essential that students have critical evaluation on issues of human rights as well as in terms of practices that is relevant to arguments and theories. Students must make sure that their topic will meet the word limit. The best thing is that students can use visual material, data, interviews or journalistic source from internet. The extended essay should show that the student possesses understanding and knowledge about theories on human rights.
Treatment of the topic: The extended essay topic should be focused on certain human rights practice or issue on certain agent, be it individual, organization or government that links to the practice or issue and must relevant to the human rights theories. To have effective treatment on topic, it requires practices, relevant theories, arguments as well as issues in analytical and concise manner with the use or appropriate terminology. In addition, ideas must be supported by examples. The arguments should also logical and students can prove the hypothesis and answer the research. Aside from this, students must show that they used the information sources critically that pays attention to biased reporting and language. Students should have relevant diagrams, statistical tables and illustrations.
Research question: Your research question needs to be appropriate with certain subject. If you need to write extended essay in human rights, then it should be focus on issues on human rights. Your research question needs to be exact and clear and it should be stated in introduction and abstract of your essay.
Introduction: Your introduction needs to explain clearly the context and significance of your topic. You need to know about the key concepts and ways your research question is related to the existing knowledge. To have a great introduction, it should outline your essay and must have hypothesis. Make sure that it does not contain irrelevant background information. Use extended essay samples.
Investigation: There are many sources that being influenced by many factors and students need to check for sources that completely present theoretical approaches and to present issues of human rights that is understood in different perspectives.
Application of the analytical as well as evaluative skills: Students need to demonstrate their analytical skills and o deconstruct their arguments that are related to practices and theories. Students must avoid subjective value and unjustified arguments about issues on human rights.
Conclusion: The conclusion should reflect argument and evidence that is presented in your essay body and it must give direct answer on research question or addressing the hypothesis.
Before you start writing your essay, you need to make sure that you have human rights extended essay topics in your notes so that you can choose the best topic you want to write. If you already have your choice, you can get started and be sure that you have information coming from relevant sources. Start to write your essay today so that you can submit it on time.
Follow these tips for human rights extended essay today!
14 Great Ideas For Biology IB Extended Essay Topics
If your exams are getting close, you are probably trying already to gather as much information as you can about the best way to get maximum grade. The essay part of the exam matters the most; it will take the most of your time and it represents almost half of your grade. However, it is not as difficult as you might think. As long as you put some effort into it and you studied your subject well, it will be pretty easy to get high marks. Here are some great ideas for your biology essay:
- Respiratory system: This is maybe one of the most common topics that are given in IB exam; it is easy as long as you pay attention to the details.
- The nature of Symbiotic Relationship. It's more about the basics, the theory and a few examples are what you need.
- Human reflexes. An easy and interesting topic, you can talk about the part of the brain that controls the reflexes and how it's done.
- Blood types. Explain the basic principle of the blood types and how these can influence a person.
- The production of Antibodies-Even if you choose to talk about the human body or animals, it's a topic interesting and easy to explore.
- The digestive system and processed food- A study about how our body is affected by modern alimentation and what chemical substances are we ingesting without knowing.
- Human Physiology- The advantage of this topic is that it's easy to think about experiments and ways to gather real data.
- Metabolism- Explain how humans are metabolizing different substances, how we can increase our metabolic rate and how are we affected by diets.
- Neurological science- This topic is extremely versatile, you can choose if you talk about the anatomy or the physiology of the brain or what are the control centers of our brain.
- Human endocrine system- You need to have very solid knowledge in anatomy and chemistry but it is pretty simple and easy to explore.
- Hormones- Quite connected with the endocrine system, explain how different hormones can influence our mood or our energy levels.
- Viruses and bacteria- You can think about creative ways to use a virus to treat bacteria. There are several studies on the subject, so inform yourself before writing.
- Antibiotics- How are antibiotics produced, what effect they have over our body and what are the advantages and disadvantages of using them.
- Genetic diseases- Truly a very interesting topic; it requires a lot of research but it can be very educational and for sure your professors will be impressed.