A never-ending conflict between scientists who study natural theories and those who stick to the ideas shared by nurture is an interesting topic for an essay discussion. Nature vs nurture debate essay reflects the positions of both sides. The goal of the student is to explain why both theories matter and the 2 groups of scientists play an important role in studying our evolution & development.
After reading this article, a student may understand it is complicated. If you find this type of academic assignment difficult, turn to the expert online writing & editing services for students to save the day!
BUY AN ESSAY FROM US
Nature vs Nurture Essay: Defining the Problem
Academic writing requires narrow topics. That is why a student should start with narrowing down the possible topics for the nature vs nurture essay. A nature may refer to the environment around people, but in case of this type of homework assignment, the teachers mean another definition of the word. We can say the same about the second word.
While nature is the inherent character of an individual of a specific object, the nurture is the combination of the environmental factors that impact the behavior and qualities expressed by the living creature. Sum up these definitions to get what a nature vs nurture essay is. It is a special academic writing assignment, which is focused on observing the existing debate between the 2 factors when it comes to human development and influences. It reminds of writing a cause-&-effect paper.
Many students wonder which things they should cover in such papers. Focus on:
- Learning & development
- Love & affection
- Gender studies
- Food supply
- Mental health
- Family history of various types of addictions and abuse (alcohol, smoking, drugs, etc.)
Pick just ONE topic from the preferred category if the teacher did not assign it. Where can a student grab his ideas for the nurture vs nature essay?
Nature vs Nurture Debate Essay: Extra Tip
Before deciding on the particular topic to discuss in nature vs nurture debate essay, collect the most relevant ideas with the help of primary research tools. Go to the college library or search online. The best sources are those that are no older than 5 years. If a student mentions a universal truth, dogma, which needs no proof, he/she may leave such sentence without any evidence. You will need to cite different facts, statistics, figures, etc.
During the research process, a student may kill two birds with the same stone: find a cool paper idea and write down the citations and references to use later. Come up with an attractive title. Next, observe various theories under the loop meaning listing their main points, authors’ arguments, background, and more.
FIND OUT HOW EASY WRITING CAN BE
Nature versus Nurture Essay: Some Great Examples
This expert nature versus nurture essay may help students on the way to a perfect paper.
“Is evolution & development the result of genetics or love, mentorship, and the way a person grows? In observing Table 4(1) in the class textbook regarding the basic development theories based on 6 development themes, it is possible to conclude that the majority of scientists think that all factors influence the development of an average kid (Child Development: A Thematic Approach (3 rd. ed. ) (Bukato, Daehler, 1998, p. 29)...”
In nature vs nurture argument essay, the author should take a single position in this conflict and insist on its truth with the help of various arguments.
“The scientists have conducted several research projects. They picked twins separated immediately after the birth to discover the role of genetics in the formation of particular personality traits, love preferences, and religious outlook, which appeared to be tremendous. 80 percent of the examined twins reported the feeling of being close to their twin. They felt a twin better than any of the close friends of partners without having any idea the person is their twin by blood. Another research proved an important role of the genetics in the development of personal traits: Environment almost did not affect the qualities when twins were growing together, but it showed another result after separating the two children.
The scientists neglected to involve the impacts of additional familial factors such as close friends, classmates, and educators in the studies on the cognitive skills of twins. By knowing these important factors were ignored, the study may have proven that the environment does indeed affect the cognitive development. Without an offered study, the scientists ended up with the claim that the biggest impact on the cognitive development of a human being is associated primarily with the genetics.”
Bonus Nature vs Nurture Argument Essay Sample
One more nature vs nature essay describes the strong correlation between two.
“Nature and nurture are inseparable in case of x scenario. It was proved that certain genes could not be enabled without specific environmental interactions, and the progress of human vision is one of the best examples. An average human being cannot have a normal, healthy vision without exposure to visual stimuli. Another example is a part of life-long smokers. These people may never face any of the diseases provoked by this bad habit, and that is just a consequence of the certain genes. The same genes may be the cause of the addiction to develop.”
In this nature vs nurture debate essay, an author may focus on exploring the developmental systems theory that presents an alternative to the conflict. Combine science with the flow of imagination to get the best result with nature vs nurture argument essay.
The problem has been conferred upon by philosophers in the past, and the conflict lasts today – it is a chance to take part in the debate! Think whether it is heredity or environment that shape our character. Come up with the examples from a real life based on your upbringing; if necessary, as parents & other family members what were the things like in your case. Many generations have discussed this conflict – decide where to get information from!
The best option is to hire an expert writer & researcher in one face to collect the best evidence, cite all sources, and develop a powerful nature vs nurture debate essay to let you get an appreciation of the teacher and class!
For centuries, the debate has existed within the psychological community and beyond concerning the topic of nature versus nurture in terms of human development and achievement. Specifically, what is the main influence on a person - their genetics or their environment?
Nature vs. Nurture Issues
The crux of the nature side of the debate is that genetics or other natural influences are mostly, if not all, responsible for the characteristics pertaining to the personality, behavior and intelligence of an individual.
Conversely, the nurture debate largely argues that the main contribution to how a person develops is made by the influence of the people and events that interact with that person throughout their life.
While many contemporary psychologists and other individuals agree that development is influenced by both nature and nurture, the participation of genetics vs. environment is still a hot topic, particularly when certain subjects are discussed such as intelligence, personality and homosexuality.
When someone achieves greatness thanks to an innovation or other breakthrough, it is usually agreed that the individual has a high level of intelligence. Often, when exploring the background of the individual, the influences of nature versus nurture are questioned.
- Nature - Those who would argue that nature is largely to thank for the individual’s ability to achieve greatness might point to his or her parents and use their level of intelligence as a reason for why he or she is so successful. Perhaps the child developed early skills quickly and this would be used to show that the child was clearly, “born smart.”
- Nurture - Those who would argue that a child's intelligence was affected by nurture would look at the child's educational background as well as how his or her parents raised her. These individuals would state that the intelligence level which permitted the child to be so successful, is largely the result of the child's upbringing and the school system.
The development of personality traits is often part of the nature versus nurture debate. People want to know how children develop their personalities.
- Influence of the parents - Often it is easy to see similarities between a child’s personality and one or both of her parents’ personalities. In this situation, it would seem that the child's personality has developed largely from the influence of the parents.
- Effects of nature - In some situations, children develop personalities, or tendencies toward certain behaviors, such as shyness or aggression, that can’t seem to be explained because neither parent demonstrates the same trait. In this situation, it can be argued that nature is at play in the development of the child's personality.
The debate about homosexuality and whether the genesis of which is the result of nature or nurture has spanned throughout history, but has taken on even greater importance in more recent years as the rights of these individuals are being hotly debated throughout the world.
- Effects of environment - Some individuals believe that homosexuality is a choice. Others believe that it is the result of something having negatively affected an individual, such as sexual assault, causing the individual to become homosexual. These debates focus on the influence of nurture and the individuals feel that environmental factors are the cause of one’s homosexuality.
- Biological factor - Other individuals believe that homosexuality is a biological factor, no more a choice than eye color or foot size. These individuals are debating from the perspective of nature being responsible for the development of the individual.
These examples show several ways that the nature vs. nurture debate plays out in real life.