Jeweler Resume Samples
Jewelers create products using gold, silver, precious metals, and stones. These artists use CAD software to design jewelry, manufacture products, cut and polish items, enlarge or reduce ring sizes, and fix damaged jewelry. Those interested in a Jeweler career should demonstrate in their resumes dexterity, excellent eye-hand coordination, communication skills, customer service orientation, and attention to details. Being creative is also required. Based on our collection of resume samples, Jewelers should be trained in jewelry design and manufacturing.Looking for job listings? Check out our Jeweler Jobs page.
Managed the day-to-day operation of the shop.
- Managed shop inventory, ordered all supplies, scheduled staff work hours and coordinated all shipping and receiving of product.
- Resolved all customer service issues/complaints.
- Responsible for all quality control of shop work.
- Remained active at the bench doing custom work (waxes and fabrication), setting jobs and repairs.
- Cleaned castings, assembled jewelry and repaired special orders
- Assisted model makers, in all phases of model making
- Diamond setting in prongs, bead, channel and semi-channel
Cast Clean Trainer and Jeweler
- Educated new jewelers on Tiffany & Co. standards and work order/administrative procedures
- Co-lead department with three other jeweler/trainers
- Trained new jewelers on basic jeweler techniques such as sawing, filing, fabricating and laser welding
- Maintained and ordered supplies and tools
- Cleaned castings, utilized laser welder
- Communicated daily with supervisor and manager to ensure production goals and order fullfillment
- Handled all facets of stone setting, fabrication, and repair.
- Handled custom and special order work involving wax carving, mold making and casting.
- Traveled to store locations as bench jeweler for remount promotions.
- Consulted with customers at remount promotions on design.
- Promoted to remount jeweler in less than one year since hire.
- Our team made its weekly sales goals 95% of the time during my tenure as bench jeweler.
- Managed the gold, silver and stainless steel department
- Promoted to include work on and repair on designer bags and belt buckles
- Supervised production of stainless steel work for outside vendors
- Provided exceptional support to clientele in person/ via telephone; including trouble-shooting and imparting knowledge of various products and techniques available.
- Procured confidence of repeat clientele via personalized service/ product knowledge gained.
- Managed office and studio personnel, assigning and verifying execution of daily tasks.
- Managed inventory of some 8000 product types and mastered brand familiarity.
- Assisted with and often directed special projects.
- Received/ processed/ billed orders.
- Ascertained properties of fine and base metals/ increased metal forging skills.
Responsible for opening and closing store
- Coordination of all work from five major accounts
- Performed minor watch repairs
- Accountable for all repairs of any difficulty level, including minor fabrication
- Responsible for computer engraving and pearl stringing
- Acted as a liaison between customers and sales staff when technical questions arose
- Assisted with estimating repairs and custom work
- Partially responsible for ordering supplies to complete jobs
Filed all records.
- Wrote out customer receipts.
- Aided customers with jewelry
- Answered customer phone calls
Jeweler/jewelry Designer/jewelry Sales
More than 5-6 years of experience in custom jewelry manufacturing.
- More than 12 years of experience in polishing, repairs, and diamond setting.
- In depth knowledge of repairing fine jewelry.
- Worked directly with customers to convert their ideas into an attractive design.
- Managed the daily activities in the studio.
- More than 8 years of experience in jewelry sales.
- Weld metal pieces (gold and platinum).
- Assembly necklaces, chains, bracelets and rings from a rusty and unprocessed status.
- Cleaning metal pieces of fine jewelry straight out of the casting room.
- Make settings from a metal piece for three stone rings.
- Soldering settings to ring shanks among all around soldering of jewelry.
- Regular repairs using an ultra tech laser.
Upload Your Resume for a Free Critique
- Get personalized feedback on improving your resume to land more interviews.
- See how you resume performs in automated scanners most employers use.
- Delivered in 48 hours
Well done! Your resume has been submitted successfully! You will receive a confirmation soon.
1702 Quarry Drive
Ashford, AL 36312
Job Objective Seeking a job as Bench Jeweler in which my expertise, skills and dedication can help in the prosperity of the organization.
Highlights of Qualifications:
- Extensive experience in general jewelry repair
- Profound knowledge of laser welding techniques
- Panoptic knowledge of jeweler tools and precious metals
- Solid understanding of conducting bench test for evaluation
- Immense ability to work in manufacturing environment
- Extreme ability to utilize soldiering torch
Zale Corporation, Ashford, AL
August 2012 – Present
- Assisted in movement of customer repairs to maintain quality.
- Maintained gold stock and documented loose stone papers.
- Analyzed accident effects in adherence to safety procedures.
- Managed inventory levels of existing jewelry items.
- Participated in maximizing of financial profits of metal recoveries.
- Formulated and executed asset recovery processes.
Sterling Jewelers Inc., Ashford, AL
May 2009 – July 2012
- Designed and developed original pieces as per designer requirements.
- Assisted in tipping, stone setting and plating of metals.
- Participated in jewelry personalization by metal engraving tasks.
- Provided assistance in restoring old and damaged jewelry.
- Implemented administrative duties for repairs and assembly.
- Modified jewelry items as per customer likings.
Associate Degree in Jewelry Design
Western Nebraska Community College, Scottsbluff, NE